Thanksgiving Pie Recipe- Kale & Butternut
Looking for something differnt to try this thanksgiving ?
Try out this easy Kale & Butternut pie recipe. Share your experience in the comments below !
INGREDIENTS (serves 2):
- 2 generous cups x butternut, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 cups x kale, roughly chopped
- 1 x red onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 x garlic cloves, minces
- 1 tablespoons x sage, finely chopped (or teaspoons x dried sage)
- ½ teaspoon x Himalayan salt
- 4 tablespoons x pine nuts, roasted
- 3-4 tablespoons x parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius
2. Heat a bit of oil in a pan, then stir-fry the red onion and garlic until fragrant. Then add the butternut cubes, the rosemary, and the sage to the pan and stir-fry for 3 mins or so.
3. Add a cup of water, stir for a min, then cover and cook on medium heat for 10 mins.
4. Take off the heat, and then stir in the kale until kale just wilts.
5. Stir in the pine nuts and parmesan cheese.
6. Line a spring form pan (15cm used for pie in photo) with baking parchment, then 3 large filo sheets lightly brushed with olive oil. Pour in the butternut-kale filling. Fold then filo sheets over the top and bake for 15-20, or until golden and crisp.
Shop for your organic kale and butternut and get it delivered to your home 24 hours from harvest: https://www.emiratesbiofarm.com/order-online