Jasberry Rice Superfood Salad Recipe
By Veenisha Fatnani. 19/03/2020
So what is Jasberry rice?
It is an Organic, Natural crossbreed between black and white jasmine rice making purple rice rich in antioxidants. It is the World’s Newest Superfood!
Did you know that Jasberry rice has three times more antioxidants than blueberries?
Jasberry rice is super easy to cook! It takes only 30 minutes.
- No Rinsing or soaking required
- Water use –
For Rice cooker:
For 1 cup of rice, use 2.5-3 cups of water
For 2 cups of rice, use 4-4.5 cups of water
For Saucepan –
For 1 cup of rice, use 3-3.5 cups of water
For 2 cups of rice, use 4.5-5.5 cups of water
Bring water to boil, reduce to simmer and cook until all water is absorbed and the grains are soft
Tip: Adjust the amount of water to be less if you prefer the rice to be harder or more water if you prefer the rice to be softer.
Superfood Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked Jasberry rice
- 4 finely chopped cucumbers
- 7-8 chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 chopped bell peppers (capsicum) – can be multicolored
- 2 chopped carrots
- Handful of chopped cashews
For the salad dressing:
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 freshly squeezed lime juice
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small piece of ginger grated
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of peri peri powder/chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the cooked rice and the dry ingredients thoroughly in a salad bowl
- Prepare the salad dressing separately and add it to the main bowl slowly, stirring well to allow the flavours to blend.
Garnish with some coriander or basil leaves and its ready to be served!
Shop for this delicious Jasberry superfood rice right here at www.emiratesbiofarm.com/product/organic-jasberry-rice
Jasberry has been selected by EXPO2020 for its sustainable practices. The organisation goes a long way to help farmers in Thailand by ensuring that their income is stable. Contribute your share to the community today!
by Veenisha Fatnani
Nutritionist at New Country Healthcare