Emirates Bio Farm is growing!
We are looking for individuals who want to contribute to our mission of establishing a secure and sustainable food system that promotes health and the environment in the UAE. If you are passionate about organic farming and want to be part of our dynamic team please see our current opportunities and send your CV to Careers@emiratesbiofarm.com.
Our Farm-to-Table chef will be responsible for taking what comes from our fields and creating daily/weekly menus for our restaurant and catered onsite events. This position oversees the upkeep, maintenance, and organization of the kitchen and the kitchen staff. The purpose of this position is to grow our on-farm restaurant and farm-to-table offerings.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Design and prepare all meals for the restaurant and events using almost exclusively our farm fresh ingredients
- Be self-driven to create high quality creative meals keeping with our sustainability values
- Serve as the direct supervisor of kitchen organization, staff and implement all associated systems
- Stock and supply kitchen with all necessary items on a regular basis. Dealing with external suppliers and internal production team
- Cultivate new events and opportunities to take our farm kitchen to its fullest potential
- 4+ years in a professional cooking setting
- Commitment to personal health and passion for cooking, nutrition and sustainability
- Knowledge in food preserves and dehydrated products
- Strong organization, coordination and collaboration skills
- Knowledge, passion, and familiarity with local, organic, and seasonal produce.
- Friendliness, approachability, and enthusiasm for working with other people
- Person in charge level 3 certified
The position is expected to interact with customers and visitors to create an environment that is engaging and hospitable. Primary responsibilities will include conducting tours at Emirates Bio Farm. Tour Guides must coordinate and manage groups of 10 to 50 people at a time by providing information on our organic farming practices, for visitors to fully experience and enjoy the tours out in the farm fields and greenhouses.
- Conduct walking tours for large groups of people
- Manage flow and timing of tour
- Support in event functions providing specialized tours
- Support in tracking and ticketing of tours and events
- Ensuring safety and leisure of all tour participants and visitors
Required Skills & Abilities:
- 2 years of experience in related field
- Comfortable being outdoor for most hours of the day
- Friendly, enthusiastic and passionate about sustainable farming
- Time management skills
- Flexible Hours (nights and weekends)
- Able to work with a team and alone
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of farming (Training provided)
- Retail experience an asset
- Organization skills
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills. Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance. Administrative Assistants must be comfortable with using Microsoft office, communicating through email, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication.
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports, setting up for meetings.
- Issuing and tracking invoices, quotations, and purchase orders using company templates
- Dealing with external suppliers for retail shop, handling orders, stock takes and payment processes
- Answer company hotline and provide company information while maintaining polite and professional communication via phone and email
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Support in the coordination and execution of onsite events
- Prior administrative experience
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Extremely detail oriented
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
- Experience in a retail organization is a plus
We are looking for efficient and courteous cashiers with excellent customer service skills. The cashiers will handle our farm shop; scanning the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information. Cashiers should be responsible, attentive to customer needs, and committed to providing excellent service.
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations
- Operating scanners, vegetable scales, cash registers, and other electronics
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer
- Processing refunds and exchanges
- Bagging purchases to ensure safe transport
- Maintaining a clean workspace
- Supporting on setting up display shelves
- Customer service or Cashier experience
- Experience using point of sale systems
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Helpful with a courteous approach to resolving complaints
Agricultural Engineer specialized in plant disease control, with good background in organic farming.
Minimum 5 years experience in the same field.